Internet Future Strategies
Leverage the next e-business revolution!
Dot.coms may be dead, but the Internet is alive and kicking. What's more, it's transforming itself into a worldwide "pervasive computing" network that will connect everything from mobile phones to TV sets---and offer unprecedented business opportunities. In this book, best-selling e-business consultant Daniel Amor identifies the revolutionary technologies and architectures---and the new business models---that will enable breakthrough success in the next Internet revolution. You'll discover how to:
- Lay the groundwork for competitive advantage in an era of pervasive computing
- Identify next-generation opportunities---from mobile commerce to home automation and beyond
- Build pervasive computing applications that users will pay for
- Leverage tomorrow's core technologies: XML, Jini, Bluetooth, Microsoft .NET, WAP, UMTS, and more
- Future-proof your existing Internet infrastructure and applications.
Daniel Amor presents several pervasive computing "vignettes," ranging from alarm systems to party planning---complete with business cases and technical solutions. He concludes with a preview of the social, political, privacy, financial, and technological effects that will accompany the new pervasive computing paradigm.
Internet Future Strategies doesn't just help you anticipate the future of e-Business: it delivers a clear blueprint for profiting from it.